Saturday, June 23, 2007

Preening the Antennae


"I'm sitting by the river, my feet in dipping in and out of the icy water. The sound of water rushing puts me at ease and my soul feels at peace. It's been far too long since the last time. As I sit here thinking, a fly, disguised as a wasp, lands on my knee. And this little diptera makes me look inside myself. Am I playcating myself like this fly? So I have a deceiving outward appearance for what lays inside?



Now I'm amused by these tadpoles, fighting the slight currents by the shore. I can barely see the limb buds poking out. I realize that we are all the same and I think out loud, "Don't worry little guy, things will change and life will get a tad easier." I need to take my own advice. Nature's advice.

Cottonwood fluff floats around me, making me feel like a tiny fixture in a snowglobe after some rotten kid has given it a nasty shake. So beautiful, but it will settle.

Oh how the water calms my soul, and staightens my head on my shoulders. If it wasn't for these minor adjustents every so often, I would be misled."

No comments: