Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Good and Bad of the National Folk Festival




Things worth noting:

Favorite shirt of the day:

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refridgerators

Here is some African djembe which was awesome and the highlight of the day. On stilts, this guy could move!

The Kotchegna Dance Company






Then I felt obligated to go sit with the rest of my group since they saved me a seat. If it wasn't front and center, I would have excused myself. I did, however, contemplate a coughing fit, but figured the attention wouldn't be worth it.

So the song that a Baptist preacher sang, had the verse:

"Jesus is a treasure you can't buy."

I got a little audio of his style in case you wanted to share in my pain.




Then there was dancing Grandma! This was South American music performed by Marimba Linda Xelaju.



So as I sat, listening to this deja vu, bad church hymnal, I started thinking. Why are people religious? Religion is needed in our society or everything would fall apart, it's true. But how does one determine their religion? Does it start of the basics of Creation of the Universe? Then there's the obvious Jesus question. But really? Is there a quiz that you can take to just determine your religion?
Oh yes you can at What's Your Religion?


So that's the overview of the festival. Hella fun!

3 comments:

Shannon's Bushtales said...

I love the eclectic mix of tunes, would've been better with some brownies no doubt....

Shannon's Bushtales said...

uh hello? where are the continued posts??

Shannon's Bushtales said...

I hate to Leave yet ANOTHER comment for fear I seem a bit pathetic, but I was just thinking. I miss J.....